Do you ever have days when you crave a smooth creamy dessert but do not want to spend hours in the kitchen whipping up one?
Well! Every second day of my existence is such! It was in moments of desperation like these that I created this gorgeous delicacy, the Mascarpone Parfait With Roasted Physalis-Rose. Apart from serving your sweet tooth, this mascarpone parfait also improves your energy levels, immunity, skin, and a lot more.
Parfait is a frozen dessert that originated in France. However, I read that today there are many versions of the parfait, the American version with granola being particularly popular. After looking around for a while to appease my dessert craving, I came up with a whole new parfait recipe. Believe it or not, taking a nice Instagram-worthy picture of the mascarpone parfait took me a lot longer than the actual preparation itself. Not just that, I also learned a valuable life lesson in the process – Always! Always! Have a tub of mascarpone cheese handy in your refrigerator. Take my word for it and enjoy this recipe 🙂
- Masacarpone cheese(at room temperature) - 225 gram
- Physalis (or even strawberries would work well)- 1 cup
- Powdered or Icing Sugar- 3 tablespoons
- Rose extract- 1 teaspoon
- Large Egg-1
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Pistachios-Slivered for garnish
- Roasting physalis- Remove the leaves and cut the fruit into halves and place in a roasting or oven proof dish; sprinkle with a tablespoon of powdered sugar and roast in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Farenheit (204 degrees Celsius) for approximately 15 minutes or until the fruit starts to change colour and is fork tender. Be careful to not over roast as the fruits are tiny and roast quickly. Let it cool
- Crack and separate egg white and yellow. In a deep and wide bowl, mix egg yellow,sugar,rose extract and mascarpone cheese and blend with a hand blender until a smooth consistency is achieved
- In a separate bowl mix egg white and salt with a wire whisk until soft peaks form (see here a visual guide to soft/medium/hard peaks-(http://www.thekitchn.com/a-visual-guide-soft-peaks-firm-115557)
- Gently fold in the whipped egg white to the mascarpone batter ( see here a visual guide to correct folding technique- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFbJ9NXID0)
- Tequila or similar sized glasses work best for serving. Layer the rose mascarpone with roasted fruit and let it chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Garnish with slivered pistachios and serve.
Calories per serving- 75 Nutrition- Good fat/Vitamin B3 /Iron /Vitamin /Vitamin B1/Vitamin E/Magnesium/Copper/Carbohydrate It does wonders for your-Energy levels/Immunity/Bones/Skin/Eyesight/Cognitive Ability/Pregnancy/Cardiovascular functions This is “My 8am Meal”