Who doesn’t like starting their day with a refreshing glass of smoothie?
This Banana Coconut Smoothie is super simple to put together. Power-packed with healthy micro and macronutrients and with a hint of mint, it could almost be your summertime panacea. Works perfectly for those afternoon hunger pangs too.
While I know there are smoothies that use coconut water for the coconut flavor, in my recipe, I went with freshly shredded coconut. It is high on the fat content, so please keep it to just 2-3 tablespoons. It adds a whole lot of natural flavor to the smoothie. Here are all the ingredients that you will need:
- 2 Bananas which are preferably very ripe
- A little less than one cup of milk. Plus some extra to adjust the thickness later. You may use almond milk, soy milk, or cow’s milk.
- About 2 tablespoons of freshly shredded coconut. You can add a bit more if you really like coconut flavor.
- 4 to 5 crushed mint leaves. This is optional.
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- For sweetness, you may rely on the bananas or add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar or jaggery.
For another banana smoothie variation, go here. Scroll down for the detailed recipe of the banana coconut version.
- Bananas-2 preferably well ripe
- Milk (Almond/Soy/Cow's)- A little less than one cup plus some extra to adjust thickness later
- Freshly shredded coconut - 2 tablespoons or a bit more of you really like coconut flavor
- Mint leaves crushed - 4-5 (optional)
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar (optional) or jaggery -1/2 teaspoon or to taste
- In a high speed blender blend all ingredients till smooth , adjust thickness if desired by adding some more milk and blend again for a few seconds
- Top with fresh mint leaves, ice and serve chilled