Move over meat burgers for the ultimate veggie burger is here- The Zuccoli Burger is all you want in your burger and more-loaded with zucchini and broccoli and flavored with delicious herbs . The patty even completes your vegan meal of daal and rice as a healthy side! What more can one ask for!
It is very rarely that a vegetarian dish is so well appreciated by the boys( do not even get me started on their carnivorous preferences) but this burger was such a welcome change. You could even make them in advance and freeze. Perfect for lunchbox too. Yes, the possibilities are limitless!
- Broccoli steamed and blended-1 cup
- Zucchini , grated and water squeezed out well- 1.5 cups
- Lime juice-1.5 teaspoons
- Mexican 4 cheese mix-1/2 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tablespoon
- Bread crumbs-a little more than half cup to bind the patty well
- Raisins- 8-10 (optional)
- Chives or spring onions chopped fine- 2 tablespoons
- Rosemary sprigs or any herb of choice like coriander or Basil (chopped fine)-1 teaspoon (optional); if using latter two, use 2 teaspoons
- Green chilies chopped fine (optional)-2
- Salt-1.5 teaspoon or to taste
- Oil-2 tablespoon to shallow fry
- In a deep and wide bowl mix all ingredients well, form into palm sized patties and refrigerate for at least an hour
- Then in a wide thick bottomed pan, heat oil and shallow fry till nice and brown
- Enjoy hot as a side with rice and daal or in a burger!