When the heart wants Indian but the tastebuds want a wee bit more what do you do? You make peanut butter chicken, douse it with Chinese chilli oil, serve it on a bed of lemon rice and you are set.
Try to make it with unsweetened peanut butter. This is a great source of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins. Tip for the health-conscious – increase the portion size of the chicken and go easy on the rice. It is really all about portion control and of course some physical activity on a daily basis. Eat real, stay real, stay healthy 🙂
Scroll down to read my recipe for peanut butter chicken.
For more recipes with an Asian Twist click here.
- Boneless chicken (breast)-300gm, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Medium sized onion- 1
- Medium sized tomato- 1
- Chicken stock- ¾ cup
- Smooth peanut butter- ¾ cup
- Chili oil- 1 tablespoon or to taste (can be substituted with 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika)
- Salt- ½ teaspoon
- Pepper-½ teaspoon
- Vegetable oil- 2 tablespoons
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add onion and stir until translucent. Add the chicken pieces; cook until chicken starts to turn white. Add chilli oil, followed by salt and pepper. Keep the heat on medium through the whole process and continue stirring. The entire process should take 5-7 minutes
- Add tomatoes and chicken stock and let it simmer on low heat until the chicken is tender
- Stir in peanut butter, stirring continuously until mixed thoroughly and the sauce starts to thicken. If the sauce is too thick, you could add some more chicken broth or hot water or if its not thickening, add some more peanut butter
- Serve hot with a side of lemon rice
Calories per portion- 250 Nutrition- Protein punch/Good fat/ Vitamins B-3, B-6, E/Magnesium It does wonders for your- Skin/Hair/ Bones/Heart/Sleep/Muscles This is “My 1pm/8pm Meal”