It has been a busy weekend so far, but a good kind of busy. It has been filled with meeting and bumping into friends, getting pampered, and just being showered with a lot of love. Birthdays are so special. They are a reminder that we are surrounded by so much love which we at times do not appreciate. It is good to be reminded from time to time.
Sharing this simple udon noodles with pepper prawns recipe which was our dinner a few days back. Simple, soulful, and hearty, I brought up the spice quotient by adding some Kerala style pepper prawns and the combination was just too good. I will share the recipe in another post soon.
- Soft Vaccum-packed Udon(this is pre-cooked and just needs to be soaked in hot water for a few minutes before stir-frying)- 200gm
- Chili-garlic sauce- 2 teaspoon or to taste
- Low sodium soy sauce- 2 tablespoons
- Rice Wine Vinegar- 2 teaspoons
- Sesame Oil-1 teaspoon
- Brown Sugar-1.5 tablespoon
- Garlic (minced)-2 cloves
- Ginger (minced)-1 tablespoon
- Medium onion (sliced)-1/2
- Carrots (matchsticked)- 1
- Spring onions (sliced fine)-1 cup
- Sesame seeds (toasted)- 2 teaspoons
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Bring a pot of water to boil, turn off the heat and add the udon noodles. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes, then drain the water, comb through the noodles with a chopstick so they separate well and set aside
- Mix chili-garlic sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a small bowl to make the sauce and set aside
- In a medium sized wok heat oil and add onions, stir until the onions are soft and translucent. Add carrots and cook for a minute; do not overcook as we need the carrots to retain their crunch
- Add the drained noodles to the wok and cook for 30 seconds. Add the prepared sauce and mix well and cook for another 30 seconds
- Turn off the heat and serve hot garnished with toasted sesame seeds and spring onions
Calories (per portion)- 190 Nutrition- Fiber/Iron/Zinc It does wonders for your- Gut/Stamina This is “My 8pm Meal"
Pepper Prawns Fry Kerala Style – OneWholesomeMealSeptember 24, 2020 at 5:18 pm
[…] the Kerala style pepper prawns fry that went with the udon noodles a few posts […]