Funny story. These crispy rosemary roasted potatoes were prepared for lunch with a friend but were forgotten in the oven and then eaten for dinner!
Since I am feeling a bit philosophical at the moment I am going to ask you a question? Ever wondered why the poor potato is always associated with negative phrases and idioms? You have the potato head, or a couch potato and even small potato! It’s absurd because if there was to be a poll this would be the single most popular vegetable! Absolutely delicious all by itself or when used with other ingredients. Potatoes impart perfect texture and flavor without overpowering the taste.
In fact, it is the perfect example of “looks can be deceptive!”. Such a humble-looking thing this potato of ours, and yet so malleable. And did you know, if eaten with skin it can be extremely nutritious too? I think I am going to make it my ideal in life and strive to be like a potato (well! apart from the shape that is ;)).
Keeping all the philosophies aside, here is the recipe. These roasted potatoes go well on a salad or as an appetizer to a more elaborate meal or even a complete meal in itself.
- Unpeeled baby potatoes washed and cut into half or quartered-2 pounds
- Olive oil- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or enough to evenly coat the potatoes
- Fresh Rosemary chopped fine-2 tablespoons
- Garlic, chopped fine-4 pods
- Garlic salt or regular salt- 2 teaspoons
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees centigrade and line a baking tray with foil and keep aside
- Pat dry the potatoes on a kitchen towel to take away any moisture
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons olive oil with chopped garlic and mix well
- Place the remaining ingredients in a deep glass or wooden bowl and mix well to coat the potatoes evenly with herb, oil and salt. Pour the oil from step two and mix
- Place the potatoes on prepared tray and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the desired crispiness is achieved
Calories (per serving)- 95 Nutrition- Fiber/ Magnesium/Antioxidants/Vitamins B6 and C/Potassium It does wonders for your- Energy/Skin/Immunity/ Gut/Sleep/Nerves This is “My 1 pm Meal”