So, it is all about balls these days. I meant the edible kind you dirty one-track mind! Raw balls, energy balls, no bake balls, etc etc etc. So, it is but natural that I was inspired to make my own version with jackfruit seeds. As I have mentioned in my previous posts, jackfruit can most easily be termed as a super food with its immense health benefits and versatility. Each part of the fruit has a distinct taste, flavor and nutrition. While traditionally jackfruit seeds are used to make stir fries and curries, I thought a sweet energy ball version would be great for adults and kids alike. Mixed with yummy cacao, almond flour, coconut milk and palm sugar, the kids polished half of it off during the preparation itself. And when the young connoisseurs say yes, I do feel a wee bit flattered and want to pat my back 😉
Storage tip- Store them in air-tight glass jars at room temperature and consume within a week.
- Jackfruit seeds- 1 cup
- Cacao powder- 2 tablespoons
- Almond flour-2 tablespoons
- Coconut oil- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon
- Coconut milk (I used Kara brand)- 1 tablespoon
- Palm sugar-1 tablespoon
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit and dry roast the jackfruit seeds on a baking tray lined with foil for 15-20 minutes or until you get a sweet aroma of roasted seeds
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Remove the skin. The roasting process dries the outer skin making it easy to peel off
- Once the seeds have cooled off completely place them along with all the other ingredients in a high power blender (the seeds are dry and hard so you would need a real high power blender like a Nutribullet and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved. You would need to scrape the sides intermittently to ensure uniform blending.
- Grease your hands with some coconut oil and shape them into small balls of desired size
- You could also add some finely chopped nuts to the powder mix before shaping it into balls
Calories (per laddoo)- 45 Nutrition- Protein/Vitamin A/Fiber/Phenethylamine/Flavanols/Antioxidants/Magnesium It does wonders for your- Hair/Gut/Eyes/Mood/Muscle strength and stamina/Skin/Blood pressure/Cholesterol This is “My 3pm Meal”