These grilled and spicy brussels sprouts are the perfect balance between yummy and healthy for this festive season. I promise you it does not get better than this.
For us Indians, the festive season started way back in October this year. There’s been no looking back since. Now, apart from loads of fun and laughter, we all know festivities also bring loads of delicious food. More often than not this festive diet is not very forgiving to the waistline. But I strongly believe, festivals are no fun without delicious food. I mean, “khaana toh banta hai!”, right?
Now, thinking a little long-term, I want to enjoy good food in my life as long as I can. Therefore, I continuously look to balance all the sweet treats with healthy meals. And remember, as I always say – healthy doesn’t need to be boring! These spicy, tangy brussels sprouts are proof of that. Ready in minutes, they are a perfect accompaniment to a simple meal of mixed daal or as sides to some grilled fish. You can even top off your salad with it. Try it now and you can thank me later 😉
Also, do check out my festive season party planning guide and let me know if you find it helpful.
- Brussels sprouts, washed and halved- 200gm
- Onion, small, chopped fine- 1
- Lemon juice, freshly squeezed- 2 tablespoons (you could add more if you want it tangier)
- Cayenne pepper (you could just skip it if you do not have some at hand)- ½ teaspoon
- Sambhar Masala-2 teaspoons
- Salt- ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Oil-1 tablespoon + ½ teaspoon
- Mix well lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt and sambhar masala in a deep bowl and add the halved Brussels sprouts to this marinade. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes
- Heat ½ teaspoon oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add chopped onion and stir until it is translucent, then add the marinated sprouts making sure save the marinade for later
- Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes then transfer to a foil lined baking tray, pour the saved marinade all over the sprouts uniformly followed by 1 tablespoon oil and grill at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until nice and crispy. Serve hot
Calories (per serving/per drumstick)- 150 Nutrition- Vitamins B1/B6/C/K, Manganese, Folate, Dietary fiber, Potassium, Phosphorous, Omega-3 fatty acids It did wonders for your-Cholesterol/ Antioxidant/Inflammation/Heart diseases/ Gut/ Obesity This is “My 8 pm Meal”