Have you ever had days when you want to shut the world out and just binge on chocolate? In fact, I have a day like that every fortnight!
I wonder if being temperamental is synonymous with being creative. One day you are on top of the world and want to paint the town with a rainbow, your mind is teeming with ideas and you are raring to go. And the very next day you seem to hit rock bottom questioning the purpose of your very existence.
Interestingly it is on the days like these, where I am filled with negative energy that I also end up attracting maximum negativity too! They end up being a barrage of challenging situations and demanding kids. Even friends who are usually nice just press the wrong buttons. Thirty-odd years of my existence and I have still not taught myself to deal with this on a regular basis. Some days I crack it, some days I try and on some I am plain pain in the a*$ to deal with. What do you do to combat such days?
Good day or bad day, I have a new recipe for you. Featured here is my 15-minute prep Grilled Chicken Cutlets. This is perfect as a snack with some tea and sweet and sour sauce. The chicken cutlets even work as a mini-meal for kids repackaged to be a chicken burger.
- Minced Chicken -200gm (I used thighs as the meat is more tender and juicer but you could use breast too which is lower in calories)
- Bread crumbs- 2 tablespoons
- Red & Yellow bell peppers chopped fine- 1 tablespoon each
- Egg- 1
- Garam Masala- 1 teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves (chopped fine)-1 tablespoon
- Garlic powder (optional)-1/2 teaspoon
- Smoked paprika (omit if for kids)-1/2 teaspoon
- Green chili (chopped fine)-1
- Salt and pepper- 1.5 and 1 teaspoon respectively or to taste
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Add all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well with a fork making sure uniform blending and form into palm sized discs
- Heat the grill and spray some oil uniformly all over (I used my stove top grill) and cook the cutlets flipping halfway through ,for about 10 minutes
- Serve hot with a side of sweet and sour sauce or with some cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and buns to make a burger
Calories (per cutlet)- 95 Nutrition- Fiber/Protein It does wonders for your- Muscles/Gut This is “My 8pm Meal”