I haven’t been very regular here off late! And my sincerest apologies for that. Not making any excuses but work and home have kept me on my toes and I have literally sleep-walked (without much sleep though) through the last few months and before I knew its full blown summer which most of us were waiting for but are complaining about the weather yet again. Seriously! If there are two things which human beings absolutely love are either complaining about the weather or passing judgements about people who are trying to do something with their lives no matter what the weather (rolls eyes)! Someone dear once told me, if people are talking about you then rest assured you are doing something right with your life. It was a great piece of advice and comes in handy every once in a while. It helps me focus on my goals big time!
Speaking of goals! Making and capturing popsicles this summer was one of my major short term goals! No kidding! These babies are as hard to shoot as easy they are to make! Numerous failed attempts last summer which never saw the face of daylight finally helped me succeed this season. I prepped big time:
- bought and froze an extra batch of blackberries
- turned my bedroom into arctic with the air con blasting at 16 degrees and all doors and windows shut before I brought these babies out
- tested and retested the light, setup and composition like crazy BEFORE brining in the heroes
- chilled a stainless steel tub in the freezer
- prepared an ice bath, then placed the chilled stainless tub into the ice bath and then finally place the popsicles (still inside their mould) into the steel tub
- donned a fleece because I was freeeeezing!
- brought the babies out of their moulds and shot, shot, SHOT!
- Black berries- 1.5 cups pureed
- Greek Yogurt-1/2 cup
- Mint leaves -1 tbsp
- Honey-2 tbsp or as per taste
- Blend the ingredients in a high speed blender and freeze in popsicle moulds overnight
- Enjoy as an afternoon treat the day after