Coconut laddoos or should I call them coconut bliss balls as is the trend these days. It is all about raw energy balls these days but I wonder where does the inspiration come from 🤔?
I guess it all dates back to our (great) great grandmas’ kitchens which regularly churned out all sorts of “energy balls” ensuring those mason jars were always full and placed way above the reach of little prying hands, lest they mysteriously vanished overnight. There was a special kind for all festivities and celebrations too. Not the quickest to prepare, the taste would more than compensate for the effort. Unfortunately with each passing generation the patience levels keep dipping and hence these ten minute coconut laddoos are the answer to my prayers. All you need is a blender and a few basic ingredients and these goodies are ready in a jiffy. Here is the recipe:
- Desiccated coconut (fresh or frozen)- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons
- Unsweetened coconut milk (I used Kara brand)- 2 tablespoons
- Coconut oil (melted)- 2 teaspoons
- Honey - 2 tablespoons (increase or decrease the amount as per desired sweetness)
- Cardamom powder- ½ teaspoon
- Pure vanilla extract- ½ teaspoon
- Pulse all the ingredients in a blender until an almost smooth consistency is achieved. You would need to scrape down the sides. Be careful to not over blend the mixture to a paste.
- Grease your palms with one-teaspoon coconut oil and shape the mixture into small balls of desired size. Sprinkle some desiccated coconut over the balls if desired.
Calories (per ball)- 20 Nutrition-Calcium/ Iron/Manganese/ Magnesium/Vitamin B Complex It does wonders for your- Energy/Hair/Skin/Immunity/ Cardiovascular health/Sleep This is “My 3pm Meal”